Monday, November 29, 2010

ZOMBIE jeans!

Zombie Jeans???

YES, I have zombie jeans!! I’M PSYCHED ABOUT HAVING ZOMBIE JEANS!! It’s taken a while, but persistence pays off. What are zombie jeans you ask? You know how you have those jeans that you can no longer fit into anymore…but you keep them with the hopes that you will resurrect them from the dead? Well, I had FIVE pair of ‘dead’ jeans which are now ‘undead’ = ZOMBIE JEANS! Now you understand why I am so excited about having them. (You probably thought I was excited about having old, ugly, torn up jeans, didn’t you? – I’m not quite that literal.)

If you’re wondering how I did it, well, here it is: Shakeology*, one time per day, EVERYDAY, and a TurboFire/Chalean Extreme** hybrid workout. I’m not doing the hybrid listed on the official website, more of my own thing. Here's how it went down...

I started out doing the TurboFire program. I completed the full 12 weeks! I felt so accomplished! It REALLY got me going, but unfortunately my body is slow to respond to things (I blame my hypothyroidism, it makes me feel better to blame something ;) ). I knew I was doing it right though. My cardiovascular endurance was off the charts! Also note I have asthma, so this is really saying something.

Beginning in week 13, I started Chalean Extreme. I’m still in “Burn Circuit” currently, which is phase 1 of 3, and I plan to do this program for the full 12 weeks like I did with TurboFire. However, to kick it up a notch, I am adding some of the HIIT workouts from TurboFire to my program.

HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training, in case you were wondering. This is the super-high intensity, training like an athlete, type of workout. This is serious stuff…but it is fun to do!  It has taken me about 15 weeks, but it is paying off and now, I have zombie jeans!! Where I was teetering on needing to go up a size (UGH), those jeans are almost too big. My old ones fit perfectly again. Feels good to be back on my game!

*visit my nutrition page for more information on Shakeology
**visit my fitness programs page for more information on both TurboFire and Chalean Extreme

No comments:

Post a Comment