Monday, November 15, 2010

Get your D!

I'm not one to go out of the house without sunscreen on, and I'm indoors quite a bit, so, when I went to my Endocrinologist about 4 months ago, he decided that he wanted to check my Vitamin D levels.  The results came back and I am in the "deficient" range with regard to this vitamin (shocker!).  He told me to take 2000 IU per day.  So, I am. 

I have to admit that I didn't expect to really "feel" different but I can't believe how much better I am sleeping!  It's unreal!!  In addition to better sleep, studies are showing that the right amount of Vitamin D can help with:  weight loss, joint pain, sleep, depression, Parkinson's, heart disease, colon cancer, breast cancer, and osteoporosis.  I have a feeling there are more that I could list, but there are GREAT stats reported in these specific areas in the video found at the link at the bottom of this post. 

Now, next time you see your doctor, have your Vitamin D levels checked and discuss proper dosage for you.  You may end up doing yourself a HUGE FAVOR!

http://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/db5f1c05-55f6-424b-9fc0-d012f680a4fc/News/STLMoms-Vitamin-D%22%3Ehttp://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/db5f1c05-55f6-424b-9fc0-d012f680a4fc/News/STLMoms-Vitamin-D

No comments:

Post a Comment